Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Around the bay with the Delmore Brothers

A pickup passes with a young ram
in the back. I'm listening to the
Delmore Brothers. Why didnt anyone
tell me about the Delmore Brothers
before? From the 30s and 40s.
They have one song, The Frozen
Girl, that the Handsome Family
must have heard. They are not bluegrass
even though the CD cover says they
are. They yodel. They have a tenor
guitar. I heard of them because they
are mentioned in the CD liner notes
to The Louvin Brothers. Their harmonies
are breaking my heart. I have to stop
and look at the cold blue sea. The snow
in a backyard is arced like a horseshoe,
and catches in all the alders.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is lovely you have started posting blogs again.

8:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe its arched like a horseshoe pit, or maybe my dad just did that to make the game easier for me.

5:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home