Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stereolab

She bangs her tambourine like
Catherine Deneuve, though someone
says she's not wearing a bra. The
man in front of me is leaning back,
with his ear plugs in on little
wires, and I feel like I'm about
to bite the top of his balding skull.
This is atmosphere, I guess, this is
ramped up Lambchop, this is a ticket
someone's given me, and I'm at the
Phoenix when a few hours before I was
in Western Bay Newfoundland looking
at a house with no wiring or water
and thinking of buying it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... do it!

6:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh soulless sterolab.

10:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water you can get from the heavens, but how will you listen to stereolab without wires? It sounds like a piece of surreal estate rather than real estate: be cautious...

1:11 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as it has a wood stove you'll do just fine. If not, just bbq outside and get some warm blankets.

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stereolab as ramped up lambchop? interesting. has stereolab gone country-tinged?

8:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lambchop, country tinged? I don't even know what that means. Because they're from Nashville? I suppose there's some country in there, but they're as much country as they are jazz, soul, lo-fi etc etc. I'm sure you'd give Kurt Wagner the willies if you lassoed with that category. Eclectic yes, avante garde yes.

Buy "What Another man spills".

11:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am admitedly not very familiar with them, but the songs i have heard were yes, definitely country-tinged. but ok, i'll listen to more of their stuff. i would prefer to lasso kw in other ways :D

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Karla said...

buy it babe! long as you got a trucker hat and your satchel, you'll be fine...

2:37 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on being named a Giller juror!

3:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home