Thursday, November 17, 2005

Now that the radiators are on

Noticed while coming out of the internet
cafe laundromat, the headlights on all
the cars. It was three-thirty in the
afternoon. This was yesterday. So that's
it for the light. It's downhill from here.
Have you seen all the destroyed heels
of teenagers' jeans? It's like theyve
busted the nerve endings in their legs.
With the cold I've made bread with yeast
and I put together a moussaka that reminded
me of my first trip to Greece, when I
was 22, and how astonished I was at
moussaka, that it existed and how I
could not figure out what was making
it taste that way and why the texture.
I met a man in Soundscapes last week
and I hadnt seen him in 18 years.
I had travelled through Turkey with him.
He said he had photos of me, climbing
the amphitheatre in Ephesus. It was
so cold in Turkey, and we swam in
the thermal baths, with snow on
the white marble.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

michael winter, write another post! it's been a week! it is snowing. we need more radiators.

5:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home