Thursday, April 07, 2005

A safe half pint

I noticed, last night, that the Duke of
York pours a good pint and this morning
my head is solid and healthy as a
cabbage, so I recommend their hoses.
I was with a crowd that listens to
Neutral Milk Hotel and Clinic and watch
movies by David Gordon Green. That
sort of crowd. We ordered nachos
and wings and English football was
on a screen above my head, so a lot
of people looked like they were
witnessing a UFO land behind me.
I got lost in Yorkville, though I
didnt know it, and I studied the
new Rolls Royce that is selling for
$481,000, a car that could be made
out of soapstone. Then I looked at
some Italian suits. The quality of
the shop light at two in the morning.
Then I saw the poster with the five
writers on it. Then I hit Davenport
and knew I'd gone wrong. But it
was warm and I enjoyed my scarf flopping
at my throat and I walked and walked
in the delicious sadness of something
having been finished. I thought I was
walking fast, but a small woman with
ears on her pockets blew by me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we'd known you like the juxtaposition of luxe goods after rough prose, then I'm sure we would have joined you in your window shopping. As ever, cheers.

- a fellow cabbage head

7:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God I got confused enough by the the image of toothless rednecks discussing Clinic and David Gordon Green in the Duke to read on and realize you were in Yorkville -- not Queen E. -- where the hose bacteria could kill a girl.
As for your high-phaluting Duke, they may have good hoses but why oh why did they stop the flow of liquid gold that is Caledonia 80 Shilling?

- know of any safe hose joints in Vancouver?

12:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Convenient. Green milk -- none taken.

9:07 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard David Gordon Green was also filming the adaptation of Lord Vishnu's Love Handles.

http://print.google.com/print/doc?articleid=7H2uX0Dh5DJ

There's a website called www.psychiccow.com but that's all I can find.

heard anything? I looks like a comedy which would be interesting to see what DGG would do with.

7:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home